Natural remedies to alleviate anxiety and stress are generally safe than more conventional medical therapies. However, some natural supplements and diet patterns can change the way antianxiety medications work, so it is important to take suggestions from a doctor before using these solutions.
1. Exercise: Exercise enhances and physical fitness and helps to burn off anxious energy. Exercise can help reduce anxiety caused by stressful circumstances.
2. Meditation: Meditation is the best remedy to manage stress and anxiety. Various meditation styles, including mindfulness and meditation during yoga, can be beneficial.
3. Relaxation exercises: Progressive relaxation exercises can help people who unconsciously tense the muscles and clench the jaw in response to anxiety.
4. Writing: Some research suggests that journaling and other forms of writing can help people to calm anxiety. A 2016 study, shows that creative writing may help children and teens to manage anxiety.
5. Cannabidiol (CBD) oil: Cannabidiol (CBD) is a chemical compound in marijuana. One research suggests that this oil can help reduce anxiety and panic.
6. Herbal Teas: Herbal teas may help reduce stress, anxiety, and ease sleep. A small 2018 study suggests that chamomile can alter levels of a stress hormone called cortisol.
7. Herbal supplements: Herbal supplements also help to reduce anxiety.
8. Time with animals: Spending time with animals can also alleviate anxiety and stress related to trauma. Research published in 2018 suggests that pets can be beneficial to people suffering from mental health issues, including anxiety.