Global Ophthalmic Lasers Market, By Product (Femtosecond Lasers, Excimer Laser ND:Yag Lasers, Diode Lasers and others), By Application (Refractive Error Correction, Cataract Removal, Diabetic Retinopathy, Glaucoma and others), By End Users (Hospital, Ambulatory Surgical Centers and others)
Market Analysis: Global Ophthalmic Lasers Market
The Global Ophthalmic Lasers Market is expected to reach USD 1505.5 Million by 2025, from USD 1018.92 Million in 2017 growing at a CAGR of 5.0% during the forecast period of 2018 to 2025. The upcoming market report contains data for historic years 2017, the base year of calculation is 2017 and the forecast period is 2018 to 2025.
Get Inquire Before Buying @
Market Definition: Global Ophthalmic Lasers Market
Ophthalmic lasers are devices which use precise source of light to treat ophthalmic ailments. Lasers lights are divided into coherent, monochromatic and collimated. Using the laser-based microscopic techniques with adaptive optics helps ophthalmologist to detect glaucoma and other devastating eye problems. In diabetic retinopathy argon lasers are generally used. Krypton lasers are used in macular degeneration. YAG lasers are used to treat the open-angle glaucoma giving same results as that of argon lasers. As per of American Academy of Ophthalmology 2014 stats, around 4.2 Million people in the U.S. are visually impaired. Various developments are taking place such as in August 2010 Topcon Corporation made an agreement with OptiMedica Corporation PASCAL photocoagulation system for diabetic retinopathy and acute macular degeneration. Through this Topcon debuted in therapeutic laser market In June 2016, Ellex Medical Lasers Limited got approval from China FDA for lasers devices which are used in the treatment of glaucoma, vitreous floaters and secondary cataract. Ellex Medical Lasers Limited, one of the major leaders in ophthalmic lasers industry, have a broad portfolio of SLT and YAG for the treatment of ophthalmic ailments. YAG and SLT lasers are used for the treatment of glaucoma, retina, and corneal surgery.
Major Market Drivers and Restraints:
- Increased in prevalence of ophthalmic ailments
- Increase in geriatric population
- Increase in prevalence of chronic diseases like diabetes
- Advancement in technology in laser based devices
- High cost of equipment and therapy
- Availability of alternative therapies
Get Speak To Analyst @
Market Segmentation: Global Ophthalmic Lasers Market
- The ophthalmic lasers market is segmented into product, application, end users and geography.
- Based on product, the market is segmented into femtosecond laser, excimer lasers, ND:YAG laser, diode lasers and others.
- Based on application, the market is segmented into refractive error correction, cataract removal, diabetic retinopathy, glaucoma, age-related macular degeneration and other.
- Based on the end-users, the market is segmented into hospital, ambulatory surgical centers and others
- Based on geography the ophthalmic lasers market report covers data points for 28 countries across multiple geographies namely North America & South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and, Middle East & Africa. Some of the major countries covered in this report are U.S., Canada, Germany, France, U.K., Netherlands, Switzerland, Turkey, Russia, China, India, South Korea, Japan, Australia, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and, Brazil among others.
Competitive Analysis: Global Ophthalmic Lasers Market
The global ophthalmic lasers market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of ophthalmic lasers market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific and South America.
Data Bridge Market Research set forth itself as an unconventional and neoteric Market research and consulting firm with unparalleled level of resilience and integrated approaches. We are determined to unearth the best market opportunities and foster efficient information for your business to thrive in the market. Data Bridge Market Research provides appropriate solutions to the complex business challenges and initiates an effortless decision-making process.
Data Bridge Market Research